This Policy applies to the personal data we collect about you for the purposes of providing you with products and services.
By using the Website, or Kusmi Tea branded pages or applications on third party social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), or by giving us your personal data, you acknowledge, accept, and consent to the practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree to this Policy, please do not use the Website or give us any personal information.
Kusmi Tea may collect personal data, which includes, but is not limited to, your name, company name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, and information regarding what web pages are accessed and when. Information Kusmi Tea stores with your customer account may include your username, password, payment history, and customer support inquiries. Information gathered about you may come from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to:
• online and electronic interactions with the Website;
• in-person interactions with employees of our stores or our representatives at an event/trade show;
• offline interactions with us, including direct marketing campaigns, hard-copy registration cards, competition entries, and contacts through Kusmi Tea customer service call centers;
• your interaction with online targeted content (such as advertisements) that Kusmi Tea, or service providers on our behalf, provide to you via third-party websites or applications; and
• other sources, including third-party social media. Information that you allow third-party social media to share with the public may include your name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, username, and “friends” list. You can learn what is public on your profile through the website of the relevant third-party social media.
We may use your information for, without limitation, the following purposes:
• To Complete Orders – to process and ship your order(s) placed using the Website and to inform you about the tracking of your order(s). The Website is hosted on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Salesforce Commerce Cloud processes your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Please note that many third-party e-commerce websites resell Kusmi Tea products under their own terms, conditions and policies. We recommend that you read the terms and policies of the e-commerce websites, including their privacy policies, before making purchases or sharing your personal information with them. Kusmi Tea is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of third-party websites.
• Account Maintenance – to create and maintain your account with us.
• Customer Service – to provide you with customer service, including responses to your inquiries, complaints and feedback about our products. Customer service may be provided through email or traditional mail or by telephone.
• Personalization – Kusmi Tea may combine personal data about you collected from one source (e.g., a website) with data collected from another source (e.g., an offline event). This information gives Kusmi Tea a more complete view of you as a consumer which, in turn, allows Kusmi Tea to better serve you with respect to the following, among other things:
• Websites – to improve and personalize your experience on the Website or other Kusmi Tea hosted websites, using data such as account login information, technical computer information, and/or previous website usage information; and
• Products – to improve our products or generate ideas for new products.
• Marketing Communications – to provide you with marketing communications (to the extent you have opted in to receiving such communications). These communications include information about Kusmi Tea, its products and services, and promotions. Such communications might be shared via electronic means (e.g., email and online advertising) or by traditional mail.
• Kusmi Tea may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or, if in Kusmi Tea’s commercially reasonable judgment, such legal disclosure is necessary to comply with legal processes or to respond to any claims (e.g., financial audit).
• Third-Party Service Providers – When you pay online with your credit card, your payment is processed by a third-party payment processor that encrypts your card number under Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
• You have the right to access, free of charge, all personal information collected for the purposes of correcting it (if inaccurate), erasing it (opting out), or to reuse your personal information. To access your information, please choose one of the following options:
• log onto your Kusmi Tea account on the Website using your username and password, and then click on “edit your personal information”; or
• click on our “Contact Us” link and fill out the online form on the Website.
• Kusmi Tea takes the issue of data security very seriously. Every time you send us your credit card number and your billing and shipping information, we use the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to prevent the information from being intercepted. We also encrypt your credit card number when we store your order.
• Kusmi Tea stores your data in a secure operating environment and it is only accessible to Kusmi Tea employees, agents and contractors on a need-to-know basis. Contracts are in place that require others to keep your personal information private and secure.
• Your personal information regarding transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary, taking into account, among other factors, our need to answer questions or resolve problems and to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that Kusmi Tea may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we will destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
• The Website requires a username and password to safeguard your online account with your personal information. This is to authenticate that you are the owner of the account. If you check out of the shopping cart as a guest, your personal information is also secure.
Your dealings with any third party that resells, distributes, ships, or otherwise interacts with Kusmi Tea products are solely between you and any such third party and are subject to any terms, conditions, privacy policies, warranties and/or representations associated with such dealings. Your use of a third-party site is at your sole risk and, as set forth above, without warranty or legal liability of any kind on the part of Kusmi Tea.
Kusmi Tea does not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children. If we discover that we have accidentally collected personal data from a child (for which the age of consent varies by country), we will remove that child’s personal data from our records as soon as is reasonably practicable.
• Click on our “Contact Us” link and fill out the online form on the Website.
Kusmi Tea reserves the right to make changes to this Policy from time to time and without notice to you. You will remain bound by the terms of this Policy notwithstanding any such changes. Please review the Policy periodically for any changes or new information.
Updated [October 25th, 2020]